Neemias Queta Leaves Game Against Florida With Injury
SUNRISE, Fla. – Utah State center Neemias Queta left the game in the first half against the Florida Gators in the Orange Bowl Classic.
Queta went down with a leg injury late in the first half after colliding with a Florida defender.
The sophomore started his second game of the season and made his fourth appearance after missing the first 8 games of the season due to a knee injury he suffered with the Portugal U-20 team during the FIBA World Championships.
Against Florida, Queta did not attempt a shot but had 2 rebounds and 2 assists in 2 minutes.
In the three games that he previously played in this season, the reigning Mountain West Conference Freshman and Defensive Player of the Year had six points, one rebound and one block against Fresno State on December 7.
Against BYU in the Beehive Classic on December 14, Queta recorded 11 points and 9 rebounds. On Wednesday against South Florida, he had his best game this season with 18 points and 8 rebounds.
- How Latter-day Saint Missionaries Returning Early Due To Coronavirus Impacts BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3268)
- Utah Department Of Health Clears Jazz Players Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell Of Coronavirus (pageviews: 2665)
- Bracket: Who Is The State Of Utah's Best College Basketball Player Ever? You Decide. - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1641)
- Celebrate John Stockton's Birthday With The 12 Best Moments From His Career - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1570)
- Family Names Newborn Daughter After Former Utah Utes QB Tyler Huntley (pageviews: 1138)
- BYU Football Coach Kalani Sitake, Daughter Jam To Beyoncé Song - KSL Sports (pageviews: 714)
- Former Salt Lake Bees Star Mike Trout Narrates Touching Video On What Would Be MLB Opening Day (pageviews: 327)
- RSL Foundation To Open Domestic Violence Shelter After Coronavirus Leads To Increased Urgency - KSL Sports (pageviews: 288)
- Sitake Announces New Leaders Of BYU Football Recruiting Efforts - KSL Sports (pageviews: 278)